The UC Davis Educational Talent Search Program is designed and structured to motivate and encourage students to establish and pursue educational and career goals. The ETS program identifies qualified students with potential for post-secondary education and to encourage them to complete secondary school. Through weekly workshops and one-on-one counseling, program counselors enhance students’ personal, cultural, social and academic awareness and development. They assist students with early career and educational planning throughout middle school and high school, inform participants about college requirements, and help them identify their areas of interest. Here is a list of topics covered in ETS sessions.
- Assessments to help with career decision making
- Information about career opportunities
- Visits to work sites to explore careers
- Assistance in the college search process including college tours and visits
- Assistance completing applications
- Information on admissions, financial aid and enrollment processes
- Assistance in completing Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms
- Assistance with scholarship searches
- Information on making the most of four years of high school classes
- ACT preparation workshops
- Study skills seminars
- SAT Workshops
ETS seeks students who have the desire, ability, and motivation to excel in their education. Joining ETS implies students and their parents are willing to make a commitment to their future.