So you want to join ETS? Check out our eligibility requirements below and complete your application today!
UC Davis Educational Talent Search (ETS) program services are offered at no cost to students who meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- First-generation college-bound student (neither parent has completed a bachelor’s degree)
- Attend a participating middle school or high school where ETS services are provided
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Submit a completed ETS application
- Be between the ages of 11-27
- Two-thirds of ETS participants must meet low-income guidelines
ETS Selection Process
- Upon receiving a student's application, ETS program counselors will meet with the student to conduct an informal interview to discuss career and educational goals. Selection will be based on student's need for the program, assessed through the interview, and a completed application to determine program eligibility. Students will receive notification by mail as an official acceptance into the program
- ETS requires that students be dedicated to their educational goals of school success, work to maintain or raise their GPA, attend at least 80% of the workshops at schools, and exemplify a positive attitude at all ETS related activities.